Monday, June 8, 2009

Summer show season is here!


Summer show season is here! Even though things have been crazy, I've managed to go to the first three shows of the season. I haven't had time to practice, or get Maverick conditioned. But we've done well so far this season. Now that things are slowing down, I'll have time to get him more ready for the upcoming shows.

This is the second summer I'll be competing in shows all over the northern part of Illinois. Last year, I made it a goal of mine to go out and compete on the circuit for a complete season. Last season, I made it to most of the shows, this summer I intend on doing the same. It's much more competitive and demanding, but this is what I've trained him for. I might as well take advantage while I can, and be proud of how far we've come, no matter how we place.


On that note, here's a picture of Maverick at the first show during the season. It was up in Hampshire, IL. We placed 1st place in pole bending, and fourth place in the flag race (which is really good because we're not that coordinated at flags! He doesn't quite understand the concept :) ) We also competed in barrel racing, but we took down a barrel. Maverick sometimes thinks that the idea is to take them down for points!


No comments: