Friday, July 3, 2009

Rochelle Horse Show 2009


Last weekend, I competed in a horse show near Rochelle, IL. We attended the same show last year and did well. Last year, we placed first in the poles and third in barrels and plug race.

This year, we placed first in the pole bending (even though it wasn't our best run and we knocked one down, which is a five second penalty. Our time was fast enough that even with the 5 second penalty, we still won :) We placed second in barrels (which is fabulous for us, because we don't really do barrels at shows) and then we placed first in the plug race. So overall, we improved from last year and we were repeat 1st placers in the pole bending. Before the plug race, Maverick stepped on my foot because I wasn't paying attention. It took him awhile to get off, and I thought for sure something was broken. I couldn't even walk on it and we still had one more event to go. Luckily it was numb enough to keep going. Other than that, I was pretty happy with how we did. We have a few shows this month, so hopefully we'll improve our time as the summer goes on.

( I was in a bit of pain in the above picture!)

No comments: