
One day, a woman dropped off four kittens where I work. They were only about 10 days old and the mother cat had been killed by a car. The woman couldn't care for them, so I brought them home and raised them. Brad and I had decided to keep one of the kittens and we picked one of the gray ones. Enter "Kona." (we had named all four kittens after Hawaiian things since we were fresh off our honeymoon. All kittens found good homes at the end).
Kona actually had a moment when she clinically "died" for about 5 minutes. We were trying to get a parasite out of her neck and she went blue and her heart stopped. My coworkers and I brought her back, but weren't sure if she had suffered any long time damage. Let me be the first to tell you she's just fine (if not more obnoxious than other cats!) She is a smaller cat, but that doesn't stop her from opening doors and getting into trouble. She's extremely intelligent. She is also one of the sweetest cats I've met and as Macey is Brad's cat, Kona is a "momma's girl."
No comments:
Post a Comment