Saturday, January 31, 2009

Thanking my Guardian Angel...

I'm thanking my Guardian Angel and God tonight after what happened today. On my way home from work (only about 2 miles from home), I was driving and hit a patch of slush/ice just right and slid my car across the road, into a ditch and rolled it. I missed a telephone pole by inches. It was completely unexpected. I wasn't speeding, had both hands on the wheel. The car landed upright, and I was able to climb out the passenger door. ( I couldn't open the driver's side door.) I was wearing my seat belt, and that's what saved me. I have a bruise/skin abrasion on my forehead, but that's about it. I was able to walk away from the car. A passerby called 911 for me since I couldn't find my phone and I went to the hospital to get checked out for broken bones and a head injury. Both came up negative. Brad and I think that the Envoy is totaled, but we'll find out Monday. We're just very thankful that I was able to walk away. When I have pictures of the car, I'll post them. I know we've all heard it, but seat belts DO SAVE LIVES!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

OH MY GOD!!!! That's crazy! I was driving behind you for the first part of your way home! I'm SO glad that you're okay. That must've been so scary!